SHORT on WORK
Global short-video contest on contemporary work
Short on Work was designed and launched by the Marco Biagi Foundation – PhD Programme in Labour, Development and Innovation at the University of Modena and Reggio Emilia.
The aim of the contest is to identify and promote audiovisual products capable of promoting an interdisciplinary reflection on contemporary work. The underlying idea is that the contemporary production of audiovisual representations of work, taking account of the innovative aspects both in terms of content (work as the subject of the documentary) and technique (film techniques, montage techniques), is capable of casting new light on the transformations taking place in the world of work in recent decades, moving beyond the traditional dichotomy between corporate productions and social documentaries. In this connection, Short on Work focuses in particular on small-budget productions, considering audiovisual communication as an instrument for documentation, research, social enquiry, self-representation and reflection. The collected works will form part of an international audiovisual archive on contemporary film, to be used for teaching and research purposes.
- (Italiano) Al cinema … Con la testa (e) con le mani!
- And the winner is…. awarded and mentioned videos of Short on Work 2015
- Award Ceremony Edition 2015 Short on Work
- Submission to Short on Work 2015 are open until 31st October
- SHORT on WORK 2015 – 4th edition is open!
- And the winner is…’Treasure of the sea’ di Astra Zoldnere
- Seven videos selected in challenge for the first prize